Friday 3 October 2014

Another year older........

Friday already - where did the last week go?
I think that Mon and Tues were lazy days, recovering from the weekend - work on the church fundraising events and collecting J and TH from school.
By Wed I did get around to some housework, upstairs all ready for the family visiting next week, more still to do.
Yesterday was a day out - Newbold Percy, to see the lovely church, Warwick to potter around the Antiques Centre,  then Kenilworth to visit Waitrose.
In the evening I went to The Albany Theatre in Coventry to listen to a concert of barbers shop choruses, which was brilliant.
Today was baking followed by a trip to Bicester where I've spent a lovely evening with T and KP and have learnt one rule about adding"ing" to the end of a verb.
ie repeat the final consonant for words that have a short vowel and end in a consonant.
beat that.
Sunday's sermon to complete, but I've left my notes at home.

I've bought Hugh Fearnley Whittingstall's new cookery book - "Light and Easy", sort of Paleo.
Really good and useful next week, I hope - off to bed to make a shopping list.
 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Percy doesn't live at Newbold, it's his brother-in-law Pacey,either way lovely spot.you must be busier than previously,less blogging.

Anonymous said...

Fell out with my laptop, but now made it up.
it has now fallen out with the printer and won't talk to it at all.
any suggestions?
g