Friday 24 May 2013

The volvos have it

the beauty treatment, that is - both vacuumed & shampooed to within an inch of their lives, then polished with a wash leather, shortly before the rains came & the bits blew off the trees all over them. Not to be beaten, when G had finished rodding the drains (no euphanisms there - a minor pongy problem from bathroom to laundry), I hosed them off again before returning them to their more usual parking places down the drive. Problem solved - wet but clean. We park them out of the way of the view from the kitchen window, so that we can watch the birds & animals in the field - more for me than G as he spends far less time at the kitchen sink. Hardly any at all, in all honesty, so I suppose it's for my benefit. A cold day with winds & rain - not at all spring-like. Tomorrow is exactly a year since we were in Dien Bien Phu, Vietnam, the place of the battle which eventually saw the french leave Vietnam for good - 1950s? A place full of bomb craters, tunnels, museums & memorials, not to be forgotten. I feel the need to shop tomorrow, having a 20% off M&S voucher & coffee vouchers, compliments of aj & needing a pair of jeans that fit. Ventura Park here I/we come. Probably, I. A brilliant programme on Anne Bolelyn tonight on BBC2, with Hilary Mantel, Phillipa Gregory, David Starkey & others - another, on Thomas Cromwell tomorrow, I think.

No comments: