Wednesday 15 May 2013

Brrrrr

You can tell that it's Christian Aid Week by the weather - cold, wet & windy. Tennis was rained off so I trudged around the village, putting CA envelopes & flyers asking folk to twin their toilet with the new toilet at Church for a minimum £15 payment. You receive a framed certificate stating "This toilet is twinned with.....", to put on your toilet door - idea taken from B&E's Xmas present some years ago. I have since prepared a scrummy lunch - tomato & mozarello salad with wholemeal bread (loaf yet to be paid for - picked up at village shop, no money). Di came to complete my CRB application, since when I have drunk a couple of cups of coffee & nodded off. That's what comes of getting up at 5.00am, I blame the light & birdsong. I came home from B&E's yesterday, in time for the PCC mtg at Church - heavy rain all the way - having gone on Mon to share T's b'day meal at Pizza Express - delicious. I had a potter in Bicester in the morning then gone stuck in with the ironing - very theraputic, order out of chaos. Sunday was hectic - Family service at Sh followed by Mattins at OW, P,A,J&Th for lunch, then Evening Prayer at 6.00pm. I slept quite well. Tennis on Mon am, home for lunch, picked up J & Th from school, cooked tea then left them with G & off to Bicester in time for the meal. Today has been so lazy. Actually, the sun has just come out so I may plant out the pansies I bought last week,still in their trays due to the wet weather. What's happened to the summer?

2 comments:

William said...

you're retired. Lazy is good!

Anonymous said...

My brain doesn't like lazy.
m