Saturday 25 May 2013

Summer!

A glorious day & a promise of more to come. I made the mot of it by writing my sermon - Trinity Sunday - first thing - then heading for the tennis club for 11.00am. My first Saturday visit this year, so a little trepidation. I needn't have worried as there was a junior tournament on, so no play & a lot of difficulty getting out again - a single track road with a right hand, blind bend half way along it, log jammed with doting parents in their large cars! I went to collect dry cleaning - closed due to unforseen circumstances, but did manage to make a hairdressing appt for Friday pm, ready for the girly, bring a bottle/nibbles party. Hair in real need of attention, not having been cut for a couple of months, pop to Morrisons, then home. I made a cappucinno & lounged in the conservatory with the Telegraph for half an hour, in the warm - bliss! I only have a paper on Sat, saves on time & money! I love my new coffee machine - my daily coffee now replaces wine, which I really don't miss & feel much better for abstaining. I gardened until nearly 7.00pm - hoed all of the borders,started on the last one - the big one at the top of the garden & collected all of the wood brought down during the week of rain & high winds - yesterday, CPH, 16 & 6 degrees, BHX, 10 & 4!! A hot bath, to deter post gardening aches & pains, then dinner - G watching racing at Mira all day - home about 6.00pm to mow outside lawns with puny Flymo as the mower is still away having a bracket fixed. Seem to have missed the Tudors on TV altogether - sleep seems preferable to viewing any of the available programmes. The Co-op have McV choc digestives half price - beware! JS have Yorkshire tea bags, 240 for £4- eh, a bargain there!

2 comments:

William said...

i don't remember the last chcoclate digestive I ate, but I suspect that it was in your house.

Anonymous said...

You & your faddy, no biscuit diets!A choccy biscuit, once a week never.........
m