Friday 25 November 2011

A letter from.....

Thailand.
The first letter from G since we married.
I had a good night's sleep - always a good start, then had an excellent day, assessed by work done & pleasure gained.
I caught up on all of the jobs this morning, including e-mails for the week, paperwork, banking, the Mid Advent Festival (MAF) letters & posters & two loads of washing.
When this was complete I had neat piles of paperwork on the kitchen table, ready for posting, delivery,etc. as well as a voucher for entry to The Good Food Show at the NEC for £12, after 1.00pm.
I scrubbed up then delivered some of my letters on the way to the NEC.
On the door I was told that  I didn't have to pay, I did query this, but they were adamant - £8 for the car park & still £4 in hand.
The show was very good - I tasted some of the best cheeses I've ever eaten, bought parmigiana reggiano, chutneys, sauces, oatcakes & bakeware, ate loads of samples & entered lots of competitions, before leaving at 4.30pm, to beat the crowds.
I had a nice cup of tea & a nap before ironing, remaking the bed, then chilling with a scrambled egg to watch "Masterchef".
I must buy some food tomorrow. I'm planning to go to the gym & shop before picking up Th & J from school.
I have to write Sunday's sermon & clean the church before Sunday - Advent Sunday - get the rings up on the front door.
Time for bed.  

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Makes me feel tired just reading this, maybe it is the mention of beds or the tireless energy you throw into and great satisfaction you get from HOUSEWORK. aj

William said...

cheeeeeeeeeeeeeese

Anonymous said...

OK, I'm a saddo, but easily pleased.
g