Saturday 12 November 2011

Back in the saddle.

Yes, I went to the gym this morning, the first time since Boudicca's personal gym!
I had to rush to get to M&S for the cardholders' event - £5 voucher + 10% discount + a glass (v small) of bubbly & a mince pie - then on to pick up J & Th at 3.15pm.
I've had a great day.
Actually, I've had a great week.
I went to Bicester on Monday, to babysit T & KP.
I babysat O & the twins on Tuesday evening, went back to B & E, as it was late, & and eventually came home on Thursday.

I delivered 28 letters about the Mid Advent/Christmas tree festival (MAV), inviting groups of friends, neighbours, families, etc to volunteer to decorate a tree in church for £10, as part of the Christmas celebrations.
The Estate are donating 10 trees & we hope for more from Planters Garden Centre; we have 2 volunteers so far.
It should be great, if it works.
The Church will be open on 10 & 11 Dec, lit only by the tree lights on the window sills & around.

Good Housekeeping has it's best / tried & tested Christmas produce from all of the supermarkets - M&S & JS did quite well:
Turkey               - M&S Classic British.
Smoked salmon - JS Taste the Difference, Speyside, whisky smoked.
Stuffing              - JS Taste the Difference, pork, sage & onion (Philistines)
Cake                   - JS T the D hand decorated....
Pudding              - M&S luxury/Waitrose richly fruited (£3 more!)
Mince pies          - Co-op truly irresistible

JS have some good wines at half price.
Tesco have Tattinger vintage champagne at half price.

New batteries in the bathroom scales so tomorrow morning will be trying - I'll start dieting as soon as I get off them, I'm sure.

No comments: