Wednesday 23 November 2011

Home Alone.

I've just returned from visiting JR, having gone down on Monday pm.
I was so disgusted with the amount of litter in the village that I spent a couple of hours on Sunday pm;
tennis was cancelled on Monday am, so I put my wellies on & worked my way up the main road to Tuckey's Row. I met  one of the residents, who said that the council team were litter-picking from Coleshill, so I gave up, came home & showered & set off for JR's, arriving at 2.30pm, so his carer c Decorating could have a couple of days at home with her family.
JR's memory is getting very poor so every experience is new - every cloud has a silver lining, I suppose.
On Tuesday he had a near death experience over breakfast, that lasted an hour & ended with me getting him on his walking frame & half carrying him to the loo. After  getting him to his chair, a cup of tea & an hours sleep whilst I watched TV, he woke up & suggested going out to lunch.
Wow!
He ate a good lunch & looks better than when I arrived.
I'm an all round carer as I combine first aid with prayer.
We did his Christmas shopping, wrapping & did his cards, all put away for a few weeks.
I wasn't on the list again this year!

I'm delighted that we have 17 Christmas trees booked for the Festival at church, being delivered ready for "potting" up next Monday. Decorating the following Wed & Thurs PM, then the church open all weekend, when we shall serve teas & Christmas cakes from around the world (not really - me or Costco)
I have a log fire as it's cold & I'm tired after a long, busy journey home.
A bath & an early night seems attractive.

1 comment:

William said...

sounds like you need a rest