Friday 9 September 2011

TGIF

Actually, no, as it makes no difference to us retirees.
Everyday is a holiday, unlike the days of my family, who are so busy that they don't have a moment to comment on my blog.

Thomas came this morning, we played, he played football with G; asked if G was any good he replied, rather diplomatically, "he's not as good as me".
Th did some colouring whilst I did the last thank-you letters for Blyth hall & froggy notes inviting folk to come & decorate the church for the harvest on 24 Sept @ 10.00am, promising "refreshments & fun".
Th & I delivered a few of these, on foot before G took him to church where Maurice was working on the bells.
I prepared their lunch then changed to go to a funeral -that of Enid's husband, Peter, a lovely man who had spent the last 9 years in a wheelchair following heart problems.
The crem in Nuneaton has a glass wall & overlooks open fields - very peaceful.
The service was taken by a Reader, which made me think that I should offer my services here, if needed.
I am qualified but have always declined for fear of failure. 
The service lasted an hour, then back to a local sports club, grinding a wheel on the curb en route as the friends I was following executed a turn in the road & I followed.
Bother.
Home by 5.00pm with ideas of vacuuming whilst G was out, but settled for a nice cup of tea & watching the news.
A quiet evening, beef stir fry & poor TV.
Enjoy your weekends - ours is action-packed, starting with a stall at the NW flower Festival tomorrow morning. Bric-a-brac to load & damsons to pick first thing.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's just so rock and roll in the retirement community that I struggle to keep up!

CEng

Anonymous said...

Hmmmm.
m