Tuesday 20 September 2011

Drought.

A strange word.
No wonder people find English a difficult language, not me, I hasten to add, I cope very well with English.
No other languages, just English.
Last night friends came for a meal & then G used my laptop & then I fell asleep.
This was a shame, really, as I was enjoying watching "Doc Martin" up to that point, & I didn't get round to doing a blog.
I dare say that W & B will note that my day had little of intrinsic interest anyway, but I enjoyed it, in the main.
Actually, the morning was disappointing, as I cycled round the village to get the Parish Hall key, to check on the amenities, ready for Sunday's ploughmans extravaganza, then went to Coleshill to play tennis.
There was no-one there, which was disappointing as it was such a lovely day.
No tennis.
When I got home I found a message on the phone - Chris's husband died last Friday & things were complicated. 

Anyway, I went to the dentist, in Solihull, instead of lunch, to have half of a back molar replaced & came out feeling really spaced out. No pain - I could fall asleep during the horrors of it all -  but the anaesthetic really leaves me groggy & feeling the need to get home quickly before I loose consciousness.
I still feel a bit weird this morning, but I'm sure it will pass.
I now have a full set of teeth again, until the next time.

Just off to photocopy more flyers - Jan to ddeliver.
Nicee day, but blustery - volvo not bike!
"Have a good one" as the guy in the charity shop says - covers just about everything.

Title refers to the fact that we have been watering the top of the garden for 24 hours as some plants are looking very poorly & the soil is like dust.

4 comments:

William said...

What does this paragraph actually mean?
"Just off to photocopy more flyers - Jan to ddeliver.
Nicee day, but blustery - volvo not bike!
"Have a good one" as the guy in the charity shop says - covers just about everything"

Anonymous said...

Just off to - going out
flyers - bits of paper with information
Jan - friend in Hollylands who is posting them through doors in the village.

Nicee - ee, it's a good day, weatherwise.
Volvo,not bike - in the car, not cycling.
Chris, in the charity shop, always says this. It can refer to anything you want it to.
Have you forgotten how to speak English?
m

William said...

So you took the car?

Anonymous said...

Yes, or, it took me.
m