Wednesday 7 September 2011

Indian summer?

I think that this is an Arctic winter.
Today was cool & windy with the odd shower.
This isn't what early September should be like - back to school, sun comes out, we all know the pattern.
Anyway, I have been in the garden - picking damsons for Sue, who sells jam by her garden gate & gave the chutney for Blyth Hall & enough left for the ploughmans' lunches on 25 Sept.
I've tidied all of the garden around the yard, which I then swept - a barrow load of leaves & acorns.
G went to the hospital then mowed the lawns, painted the overlap bits on the back bedroom window, ate his dinner & took charge of the remote control.

We have taken advantage of our Telegraph subscription for the first time (apart from a free coffee in Debenhams in Oxford) & booked free tickets to see "Tinker, Tailor......."
I've just booked tickets for "Evita" at the Hippodrome, half price through Travelzoo.
Culture Vultures or what?

So much going on over the next couple of weeks, we shall need a holiday.

It's the Lotto rollover.
I'm not overly excited as I think that our ticket has run out - 4, 29 31, 35, 38, 48.
No big winner so I'll have to buy a ticket on Saturday. What would I do if I won?
I'd buy a big house on the coast & furnish it like a proper beach house.

4 comments:

William said...

I'm expecting snow within the month!

Anonymous said...

I would rather have an Indian dinner

CEng

Anonymous said...

You may both be right - you usually are.
m

Anonymous said...

You may both be right - you usually are.
m