Wednesday 19 January 2011

Up & running....

I really was not counting the days of G's absence, more the days of his big adventure.
China does not allow blogging, so we will have to wait until he moves on, to Hong Kong, I think.
He phoned yesterday whilst boating on the lake with the cormorant fishermen, as seen in the HSBC advertisement.
Aj & I have just spent a week cruising the Nile from Luxor to Aswan in the sunshine.
The sunset at about 5.00pm, after which it became quite cool in the evenings.
We visited the Valleys of the Kings & Queens & the temples of Luxor, Karnak, Kom Ombo, Philae & Edfu the ollossi of Menmon - all amazing spectacles - as well as the souks in Luxor & Aswan.
Aj was wary of the harassment in the souks but is a born haggler, leaving the traders in tears.
This puts me to shame as I forget to haggle after the pressure of deciding that it's something I want to buy.
Anyway, we had a great time & met some really interesting people.
Lesson learnt: don't have a cabin on the lower deck near to the engine as it is noisy when sailing overnight.
I had a Thomas day yesterday & an early night, having slept on the settee for much of the evening. I have a sermon to write & JR to visit before the weekend.
We are looking forward to a visit to Ringsted, which coincides with family involvement in a gym display - I see MK as an Olga Korbet, for those who remember the 80's.

Spellcheck didn't like this blog!

2 comments:

Gill said...

intresting gill [T]

Anonymous said...

intresting!