Wednesday 26 January 2011

Lie in.

I am having a lazy day after a couple of days in Bicester; a KP day on Monday - always "out to lunch" & a lot of chatting, then an early drop-off at nursery & school on Tuesday.
T comes in for a chat early in the morning, 6.00am is a lie-in!
We then have to write a story. T illustrates them, in a naive style!
I came home yesterday tea time, via Marsh Gibbon, to deliver a haggis.
Unfortunately there as not a haggis to be had in the whole of Bicester, so I settled for scallops, salad & oatmeal rolls for a Burn's night starter for J & G.

There were a couple of messages from G when I got home - he sounded very cheerful.
He cannot receive incoming calls but intends to start blogging now that he is in Hong Kong.

I rewarded myself with a lie-, a chat to aj on the phone & nearly completing yesterday's telegraph crossword. This came to an abrupt end just after 10.00am when the bank phoned to see if I was able to come to the meeting, booked for 10.00am!
I had thought that it was tomorrow. Bother.
I was scrubbed, coiffed & there by 10,45am, did the business, bought milk & came home.
During the half hour I was in the meeting my mobile phone, which rings about once a month, rang twice - B, then G.
I came home afterwards as G was going to phone back.
He didn't.
Anyway, I had intended to have a day in, so I have - brunch, cups of coffee, a little daytime TV, the paper & laptop.
I feel really guilty.

How about Harry Cunningham's reincarnation? That guy must have a fairy godmother.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Harry has a Dallas style shower and Budapest will possibly have a much reduced number of tourists.

Anonymous said...

Well I'm not going for one - a life of prostitution, baby theft & violence.
I'll stick to Minehead!
g

Anonymous said...

I am so delighted Harry survived!! Just the news I needed after the week I've had!
E