Sunday 2 January 2011

Phew!

We had a great New Year party yesterday lunchtime - I thought so, anyway.
Over thirty friends & family here for a few hours of eating, drinking & catching up on the news.
The grandchildren were brilliant - KP & Thomas munched through most of a box of After Eights, KP having decided that no-one else wanted any.
She was probably right.
The dishwasher worked overtime, & with aj at the sink, we were all cleared up by suppertime & had a lazy evening. (I think that I was asleep for most of it)

Today we have put out the Christmas tree, breaking with the habit of a lifetime of keeping everything in place until epiphany.
I have vacuumed up an entire Dyson gutful of needles - there are sure to be more hiding in the pile somewhere, to keep appearing until at least July.
G took us out to lunch at The Bull at Meriden, where he & aj tucked into roast beef dinners; I had fishcakes.
Not as good as home, but less preparation & clearing up.
Aj has just departed & I'm sitting by a nice fire with a second cup of coffee.
The holiday has all gone very well, mainly thanks to family & friends & M&S.
Thank you all.

We have not vastly over-indulged, but I've seen enough of food now for a little while - a few hours anyway.

I can think of nothing that I want apart from some decorating done.
Is there a brilliant decorator/plasterer out there who would like to oblige in return for bed & board?
Happy New Year.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad the party was a success and thought you'd earned a new year comment

Anonymous said...

Thanks.
Do the eyes still have it?
g