Saturday 29 January 2011

Good Morning Vietnam.

I actually cleaned my very dirty car today.
It did take me until 2.00pm to face the -2 degrees weather & my hands did nearly freeze in my rubber gloves, but I did it.
It does need waxing now, but by the time I'd cleaned the downstairs windows I wanted to come in & warm up. (you have to wash the windows when you have a bucket of water & a wash leather together, outside)
I vacuumed downstairs, to warm up, by which time the lounge felt really warm, so I carried most of the ironing through & made myself do it & re-make the bed before I ate dinner.
I had yet another Count on us meal followed by a chocolate mousse.
I have lost 5lb since we came back from Egypt, so am feeling quite pleased with myself.
I find that if I lie-in for long enough, I combine breakfast & lunch & save calories.
That's my excuse anyway.
In fact, the housework was more of a need for physical activity than because it was necessary.
I have had the TV on for most of the day - "Lewis day". I have seen some of about four long episodes of Lewis & really enjoyed them.
That's worrying. I did manage to almost finish the Telegraph crossword, with some help from aj; "phoning a friend".
I eventually spoke to G this morning, he's in Vietnam & sounded very cheerful.
I can open the rucksack. I haven't yet.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is why pensioners are living longer these days. Stay in bed in the warm in the morning, eat less because its such a bind traipsing down to the kitchen. Get up and have a few hours of activity whilst the rest of the world is at work or school, avoiding the disease interface of crowds with the embarrassment of some of their bodies and the danger of busy roads, a hearty meal and back to bed. Goodnight Vienna.

Anonymous said...

You need a teasmade

Anonymous said...

Teas-maid, I think.

Anonymous said...

I need a life!!!!

Anonymous said...

Goblin teasmaids are(were)the best!