Thursday 6 January 2011

Day 1.

It's been a good day - I should be in bed by now as I'm really tired.
This morning Di came in for a cup of tea & a chat, the Volvo man came to collect the car for it's service, Jan came for a cup of coffee & a chat & suddenly it was lunchtime.
Strangely, the Volvo man left a car in the drive all day, despite the fact that they didn't have one to lend to me. Also, he looked like a mass murderer.
He returned the car at 3.00pm, without attempting to do away with me, so perhaps I misjudged him.
I've washed all of G's clothes, emptied, cleaned & tidied all of his drawers & put everything away again. I've even binned the odd thing that I hope that he won't miss.
The cards are down, the house cleaned & a bag of things out for the charity shop.
The car has been cleaned & vacuumed - I haven't seen the bill yet, but I suspect that I wont like it.

G phoned this afternoon. He has met up with his group & had enjoyed a Chinese lunch for about £2.00. He sounded very upbeat.

A Thomas day tomorrow. I plan/hope to go to the gym first. This will require planning &self-discipline.

I'm watching a programme about weight loss.
The secret would appear to be high protein, liquidised to form a soup as this stays in the stomach for longer.
Thick soup is the secret for successful dieting!

I broke the jug from the coffee maker by putting it under the tap when hot.
Bother.
Any advice about a good replacement - plain, not multi-tasking!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Espares will have a jug

CEng

Anonymous said...

I thought that this was a coded message at first.
It's a very cheap machine anyway.
I'll save up for a new one.
m