Wednesday 5 January 2011

Home alone.

G is off on his "journey of a lifetime", presently in Beijing, then set to travel in China.
Keep abreast of his adventure on his blog -" journey of discovery".
I left him at Heathrow very early on Monday morning, along with two rucksacks, one large, one small but dense (I know a few people like that)
I drove to Bicester, bought a large box of doughnuts from Tesco, making the sign of the cross as I entered the establishment.
Tip - shop at 7.30am on a bank holiday if you want to shop alone.
The family were such good company & the food so good that I only left today, mid-morning.
E did a Jamie Oliver 50 minute meal with scallops & egg-fried rice, which was superb.
Tonight I settled for a Count-on-us stew from M&S, followed by a couple of G's chocolates.
I have just sussed the BT vision box to watch a recording of "Wonderful China" as the normal channels are rubbish. I was afraid that the technology would be beyond me, but I haven't even needed the guide book yet. Recording may be more challenging.

I have a busy week planned; confined to barracks tomorrow whilst the car is serviced, Thomas on Friday & aj arriving on Saturday.
Tomorrow I intend to wash, iron & clean, then relax.

I filled the car with diesel tonight - £1.309 per litre!!!!

I have been reading "Horrid Henry", it has inspired me to write my own stories.
I am considering "Mercenary Mohammad" or "Porky Pauline" or "Soppy Sophie" or.....
Any other ideas?

No comments: