Thursday 28 October 2010

Married 15 years + 1 day.

And it don't seem a day too long, as the song goes.
15 years is crystal; we have two new wine glasses for everyday use & a mensa star cube to solve after a few glasses.
As I didn't manage to get the engraving right, I doubt that I will solve the mensa star - GC & GB became GC & CG???
Never mind, it's memorable & they gave me a great discount.

How come no-one ever comments on this blog?
Is it that boring?
W assures me that people do read it, but I never remember the number on the counter.

We have been visiting JR since Tuesday. We hired a Chevrolet Spark, which cost £180 for the week (I think that you may be able to buy one for little more)
It struggled on the inclines but did do away with the problem of worrying about speed cameras.
We left early to collect the Lotus & return Sparky to Erdington.
After a light lunch we collected the Volvo from the Ring of Bells, on payment of nearly £1800, & they didn't even clean it.
G was warmly welcomed & offered a chair, I asked if I might sit down as well, or was that reserved for men - I was wearing a black coat, so perhaps I was invisible.

A Thomas & Jessie day tomorrow (half term week) so we are planning an adventure.

A programme tonight about language/pronunciation, which may be good - sack that commentator who says "haitch", for a start! Pronunciation of words such as controversy, garage, mischievous........

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I read your blog.Congratulations on your 15th Wedding Anniversary!Seeing those pictures of Coventry Cathedral brought back memories of when you took me there almost 40 years ago.k

Anonymous said...

More congratulations, and all the best wishes for at lot of coming years together.
t, b

Anonymous said...

Belated Happy Anniversary - forgot to give you the card - sorry.
Thank you for taking the kiddies on such a great adventure today - they loved it!! Pxx

Anonymous said...

Happy Anniversary.
WM has declared November alcohol free month, I'm not sure how to get around that yet. First step is a late celebration of your anniversary - I'm looking forward to that.
MK

Anonymous said...

Glad you ramember it,K.
Little has changed - was it when we had our 21st?
T,B thanks, & for the chocolates, we found them today.
P, you sound like your brother!
Only joking.
MK, more for the rest of us - I have the bubbly ready.
g