Thursday 11 February 2010

Ready for the off.

Well, not really, as I have yet to pack, but I do have a selection of cold weather clothes on the bed, alongside some books from Amazon, Atora beef suet & Yorkshire tea bags.
Will they all fit in my rucksack?
I must come by a more grown up cabin bag for cheap flights, with no checked luggage.
Aj & I are planning to leave for Stanstead at about 7.30am tomorrow, for a 1.30pm flight.
I drove down to see JR on Wednesday & took two & a half hours (usually well under 2 hours), due to heavy traffic on the M6 & an accident on the A14, followed by a hail storm.
I drove back this morning in record time, despite ice & snow on the country lanes near Shardelows.
Since then, I have sorted the laundry & the house out & been to a parents' evening at school.
W phoned to say that it is -8 there tonight & generally very cold.
I'll pack my HH base layers.
I'll wear everything else to make the packing easy.
All of the jobs are done, everything washed & ironed & the bed changed.
G will have a Thomas day tomorrow, which should keep him out of mischief.
Next blog from snowy DK.

No comments: