Wednesday 24 February 2010

Did I say " A day off"?

G has spent a lot of time in the garden over the last two weeks, doing some heavy gardening, cutting hedges, pruning & clearing leaves. Yesterday he set about the cypresses, opposite the conservatory - I hate them, they make the side lawn small & oppressive & G has to cut the tops off every year, at Rob's request.
This morning it was up & out in the garden by 9.00am to clear the hedge cuttings & the cypresses that G had cleared yesterday. We have built an enormous bonfire in the field with a large reserve pile to be put on as it burns.
Today, it would not burn, whatever the incentive.
I washed the car, which was filthy, & we came in at 3.00pm for lunch, knackered.
I bought lottery & Euro-lottery tickets, following aj's policy of being positive for the best results.
I am feeling very positive so we may be wealthy by now.
I hardly dare check.
I recommend aj's policy - do everything with enthusiasm & expect the best possible outcome.

You can watch "expenses" on your i-pod, apparently.
I thought that they were for listening to music, but what do I know?
Bicester tomorrow.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Does G know I got those trees, about a foot tall then, from Norman Richards in 1980. We planted them to hide the house next door. We quickly succeeded!
wrm

Anonymous said...

I'd forgotten where they came from, but was very glad to see them go, brightening & opening up the lawn. We shall put in a couple of specimen trees
Was Norman Richards the older guy with the blonde secretary?
Do you still hear from any of the Thermalite people?
g