Friday 5 February 2010

Chicken Kiev.

Dinner that is or was. (M&S of course)
How 1970s is that?
I've had a fun day with Thomas & Jessie before & after school whilst G has got on with the tax returns, & did some more lumber jacking.
By the time I got home at 6.00pm, G had an enormous bonfire going.I had just narrowly missed flattening two pedestrians with their two large dogs, all kitted out in black & walking in the middle of the road, in the dark, in Hollylands.
We did three runs to school as I forgot Jessie's bag on the first run.
Thomas & I went to the park to count dogs & magpies & have a go on the swings, then a potter down the Stratford road for an M&S snack.
We bought a pizza for lunch, whichThomas carried home with great affection.
Jessie wanted to know why, from her observations, nearly everything is made in China.
A prize for the best answer.

News Quiz, Radion 4 at 6.30pm, repeated tomorrow at 12.30pm was brilliant.
Do listen to it if you have the means & the time.
You will be a better person for it.

DK is walking -I hope that MK is in training as I would guess that J & DK will make a habit of going in opposite directions at high speed.

A couple of films to see - "Sherlock Holmes" & "Invicta".
No chance tonight with G in lumberjack gear & smelling of woodsmoke.
Colin & Lynne coming to dinner tomorrow - salad then lightly smoked salmon fillets.
Any ideas for a simple desert?
J, G & family are coming on Sunday - stew & dumplings, I think as it keeps well.

Enjoy your weekends.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Try Gordon Ramsey lemon possets. Google for the recipe although I think it's too late now

Anonymous said...

It's Monday.
It's too late.
We had Jamie Oliver's spottier dick.
It was very good.
m

Anonymous said...

Don't know how he manages without it.