Thursday 25 February 2010

Is this spring?

We went to Bicester this morning so that G could pick up the van & go down to Leatherhead to get it loaded ready for tomorrow's move to Marsh Gibbon.
I'm wearing a cashmere sweater over a HH silky base layer & I haven't put a coat on all day & am presently in the lounge without having lit the fire, for the first evening this year.
It must be spring at last, either that or it says a lot for the HH.
I had intended to go to Kenilworth on the way home, to shop in Waitrose, for a treat, then on to seee Ann, as I haven't seen her for a while.
This went a little awry as I missed the Kenilworth turn off th M40 & Ann wasn't in.
I did shop at JS on the Stratford road - 25% off all clothes, including funky wellies, 1/3 off a lot of good wines & two bars of G&B for £3.
This worked out as a bit extravagant, but we have some nice wines & chocolate & I have a new T-shirt.
I had a potter around Knowle & came home, then went out again to take some flowers to Margaret shaw, who wasn't well at th weekend.
She was fine, doing a big jigsaw with Phil.
I have followed the aj positive thinking all day & enjoyed the day, despite set-backs.
There was a cheque from Dr Pepper when I got home, I'll check the lottery results later.

I've always thought that we were at an obvious disadvantage with winter sports in the Uk, but, with all this snow, perhaps we'll do better in the next winter Olympics
I'm looking for an event that I might excel in, given a little practice.

Thomas day tomorrow, Bicester on Saturday to collect G.
No spelling mistakes yet again. Wow!

4 comments:

William said...

I recommend ski jumping either that or curling.

I would generally avoid the bob-sled as I fear that you may miss a trun somewhere and get lost...

Anonymous said...

Did I forget to mention that I don't like ice at all & like to have my feet firmly on the ground.
m

Anonymous said...

Presume Phil was in pieces then?

Anonymous said...

No moer than usual.
g