Saturday 25 July 2009

Where's the rain?

Today was dry & even sunny at times.
We are now programmed to expect rain at regular intervals during the day, never go out without a coat &/or umbrella, just like when we were kids.
Anyway, today it didn't.
I got two loads of washing dry & even the lawn was dry by lunchtime.
G was unable to mow the lawns as the fault with the mower turned out to be a broken belt, too late to get a replacement.
I went to Coleshill to post the invitations to the Rossington family & buy milk & a paper, wrote my sermon, on the feeding of the 5000, got ticked off for taking too long, had lunch & then got on with the painting, until 9.00pm.
It is now finished, apart from a bit of touching up here & there.
The thing with anaglypta is that you can always find a bit that got missed, however many times you check.
The missed bit is behind the bookcase on the landing, or would be.
Bother.

I've made the bed up, cooked a Spanish omelet & salad & chilled.
The TV is rubbish at the weekends so I'm off to bed.
Please let it stay dry long enough for G to mend the mower & mow the lawns.
I suppose that you can buy belts on Sundays.

No comments: