Wednesday 22 July 2009

Wet & windy....

This may be the reason that we have no wireless connection as a branch is fouling the telephone cable.

G will deal with it shortly & then contact BT if no solution.

We have been decorating from early morning until late in the evening for what seems like a lifetime now.

I have to admit that I have played tennis on Monday & Wednesday, to have a blow of fresh air & did take rather longer than I was allowed when sent to Solihull to buy more paint yesterday - there was no food left & I did need to take on supplies.

I did do 2 hours painting before I went to tennis on Monday, this morning I just slept!

The porch is all but finished so we are now on the long haul of painting the anaglypta in the hall & landing - hard work & great heights.

I have reached the woodwork on the landing, so only about a dozen turned balustrades along the landing & 5 doorframes to go.

G has gone to buy yet more paint & visit the gym - he is unshaven, with bags under his eyes due to a lack of fresh air & sunshine.
I hope that it does him good.

A gale was blowing this morning & we played tennis on "The Rock" - the most exposed court, as there are coaching sessions each morning this week for very small people.

W took part in these about 25 years ago - I took W & B's tennis racquets to the Charity shop this week - wooden framed Dunlop & Wilson models. They want £6 each for them!

I hope that the sun is shining on the holiday-makers.

At least our weather is good for decorating indoors.

Has J escaped on his bike yet?

Back to the s

No comments: