Tuesday 28 July 2009

Tuesday already,

Up before 7.00am & rearing to go - cleaning windows inside & out, following the brick dust coating from the pointing, I did the dining room, so now it only lacks radiators, then went to Sutton with G.
I had a potter around for half an hour while G was at the chiro, then we had a snack at O'Neills pub.
We shopped in Poundland & Aldi - you can't say that we're not doing the "credit crunch" bit.
Actually Poundland is brill for toiletries & you never need check the price.
They had Daktarin foot powder, which is £4 in Boots.
We got the hall clock face reglazed & took a couple of old framed photos & a painting into the Little Gallery in Coleshill to be done up.
We have to re-hang the photos in the hall - still lacking a W, K, J & DK photo to hang.

Came home & stripped most of the study, finished at 8.00pm.
This will be the third time I have decorated this, last time was for W, when he was a teenager,
The room was relatively empty then.
It's such a lovely light room, my favourite bedroom, with a great view across the field, it was my bedroom for the short time that we lived here before I was married,
Aunt Mollie (1902 - 1989) was the last person to decorate it before me, when she lived at home, in about 1020, I suppose.
She did the ceiling dark blue with gold & silver splodges for stars & planets.

Tennis tomorrow, then out to lunch.
I'll have to work extra hard in the afternoon & evening, to make up!
Effective, but very dark as the ceiling is so low.

P, A, J & T home safe & sound.

4 comments:

William said...

1020? I suppose you mean 1920?
BTW there is a large parcel on it's way to you from the US that may involve paying some import duty. Can you sort that out and you can keep the change or something like that?
Thanks
W

Anonymous said...

It just seems long ago!
No tennis it's been hissing down all day and the weathermen have been backing off their warm dry summer forecast as fast as they can. In fact this warm damp stuff seems to be sety fir August as well!! Bummer.

Anonymous said...

Yes. OK. 1920.
I blogged on the finger-top, past my bedtime.
G has started signing himself "Bummer"
I may be a little concerned about this.
What is this strange parcel?
m

Anonymous said...

you got the, formerly my, long case clock refaced?
I'd like to see a photo if possible.
In fact any photos of anything would brighten up this "trivial round the common task" blog.
wrm