Wednesday 29 July 2009

monsoon!

We woke up to rain.
It did almost stop during breakfast, but not for long.
It then rained for the rest of the day, much of the yard is under water & the lawns remain unmown.
No tennis, so I arranged the family photos in a measured, hall-wall size area on the lounge floor, in preparation for re-hanging then stripped the rest of the paper in the study before going to The Dog for lunch with the ladies from tennis.I've not been there for many years - it hasn't changed, apart from the curtains.
We had a nice meal (fish & chips, lemon tart. I left at least half of the chips) & a good gossip.
G had gone to see P so I took the opportunity to pop to Ventura Park to take on provisions ready to do some baking for the show & B, T & KP's visit at the weekend.
M&S did lure me in & I found the odd bargain in their sale, submerged in a vast array of shapeless crud.

The Met Office are back-tracking on their forecast of a hot summer, denying they ever said it.
They have said that we may have a dry spell tomorrow!

We are going to get up early & get on with the decorating tomorrow.
I shall not wear my new T-shirt!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

And much the same in Miami, where I was trapped in the hotel yesterday afternoon for a couple of hours as the road totally flooded between the hotel and the office (which are literally across the road from each other!). At least its hot here!!
E

Anonymous said...

Got soaked door-knocking on Monday, soaked door-knocking on Wednesday and just for a change on Tuesday, expected the tennis match to be off but you can guess, it wasn't, so soaked again. I did query whether we were a tennis club or sub aqua. That fell on deaf ears at six thirty, but by eight thirty when the balls were so wet and heavy we looked like we were doing a bad impression of groucho marx and squinting in the overall gloom,even the stalwarts were rueing the rain.
Fashion alert, big heavy glasses like we wore in the seventies are back Geek Chic ! aj

William said...

I hate it when my balls get wet and heavy...

Anonymous said...

Some M&S bargains can be really odd!

Anonymous said...

M&S have an oddments rail. Does that mean they plan stuff to be odd?

Anonymous said...

Are oddments for odd shaped people or just odd people?

Anonymous said...

M&S oddments rails are brill.
The odd things that nobody else thought to buy.
I have been stopped by other shoppers, when taking an oddment to the till, & asked where they might find something similar, & have sent them to the oddments rail in the full knowledge that I have the only such oddment.
Is there anywhere where it is not raining?
g

Anonymous said...

Wet balls are no fun, they make your arm ache.