Sunday 19 July 2009

Lazy Sunday.

I have missed church, not waking up until 9.37am.
This is due to a disturbed night, brought on by a number of factors:
We stood up all day yesterday.
We were decorating until about 7.00pm. I did the cutting & pasting whilst G "hung". We had a snack lunch, which we ate standing in the kitchen.
I think that this may have been because we were sticky &/or we didn't want to sit down & get comfortable.
I have to admit to having taken an hour out mid-afternoon to go to the hairdressers (sitting).
I now have a "classic bob", which looked great at the time & feels good.
Anyway I had cramp in the front of my shins regularly & spent a good part of the night walking around.

We spruced up & went for a meal when the hall papering was finished.
We started at The Bear at Berkswell, sat in the nearly empty bar for bar service, as the restaurant was full. The drinks were fine, the menus were covered with food,nuts were mostly dust from the bottom of the bag, the roasted field mushroom starters, stuffed with Camembert with a crispy herb topping were tepid. I doubt that they had time to become familiar with the inside of an oven.
I couldn't eat mine, so sat with it for 20 minutes or so awaiting the main course, then gave up, took it back, explained it's shortcomings & that we were losing the will to live & would like to go home, which we did, money refunded & apologies made.
We ordered a takeaway from The Polash, sauntered around the byways of Coventry whilst it cooked, & ate a prawn puri & chicken dhansak at some very late hour.
G is filling (I am surprised we have any doorways let alone air vents left.
He is an enthusiastic filler!)
G will the paint ceilings.
I am about to start painting the woodwork - only 13 door frames & skirtings, two coats of eggshell on each.
Finished by tea-time then.

No comments: