Friday 26 June 2009

Home alone.

A great day with Thomas.
Grandad G came as well as he needed to be at the station (the railway station, that is, not the "train" station) mid-afternoon - first leg of the journey to somewhere in Holland for the motor cycle Grand Prix.
We did some tidying in the garden until lunchtime, Thomas was a great help, digging with his little red spade, collecting leaves & carrying the bucket from Granny to Grandad.
After lunch he snuggled up to G on the settee & they both fell asleep (G first, by a long head & an open mouth).
We have had a number of deluges since then, one whilst we drove to the station & another as I drove home.
Dawn did the hanging baskets & troughs yesterday; they look wonderful - a mass of colour.
I was spared the job of watering them tonight, it is still raining now.

I have had a salad, an M&S Count on Us" chili & strawberries; I've lost two & a half pounds this week, having been very good all week - official weigh-in on Monday.
I started the housework at 10.00pm & have nearly finished downstairs, apart from catching a big fly that is harassing me. This will give me a free weekend & a clear conscience.
It's going to be a scorcher!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You put entirely too much faith in the BBC weather forecast. Scorcher, it is not. Personally looking forward to global warming as the only way to cut the heating bills. aj
My scales have decided I am 4'6" tall and have had a birthday, so why should I believe the weight reading ? Lost 12lb this week.

Anonymous said...

You little fibber!
New scales for your birthday, by which time you will be 5'5" tall & 27 years old.
Other daetails are secret.
g