Sunday 21 June 2009

2nd Sunday after Trinity.

I slept really well last night, not waking up until 6.30 am.
I put this down to a relaxing day, an early dinner & no bedtime drink. G did spend an hour & a half somewhere else, apparently, reading his book (The Cold War), with a bad back.
On reflection, perhaps I slept well because.........
Do we need blackout blinds as well as ear plugs for the summer months?

I got up at 7.00am, had a cup of tea & a long chat to aj, then spent 2 hours finalising my sermon before going to church. A good turn out & two couples with banns to be read.
To Coleshill for a Times (free drinks at M&S all week) then home for pate & salad in front of the Grand Prix.
What a disappointment!
Not much of a battle with Vettel just going for it.
What are these foreigners doing winning our Grand Prix anyway?

I have since worked in the garden until 7.00pm (trouble with mower), done the ironing & cooked a scrummy beef strogonof followed by strawberries.
G has drained the radiators & sworn at their couplings in readiness for their removal tomorrow for collection to be sandblasted & painted.
I suspect that they will need to be sworn at a good deal more yet. Fortunately I am playing tennis in the morning then going to Bicester to babysit & to help at T's school on Tuesday.
Wimbledon starts tomorrow - a good reason to spend the odd afternoon in the gym.

3 comments:

William said...

I hope there are some strong men coming to collect those danmed heavy things and a qualified plumber involved in the process at least once...

Anonymous said...

There are - this afternoon.
Brirish Gas are coming to put thermostats on all of the radiators when they return.
The scaffolders are here, putting scaffolding up to the lounge chimney - 4 men & a lot of banging - G has gone to advise!
m

Anonymous said...

I'd advise that G be gone whilst they are there!