Thursday 18 June 2009

Aunt Mollies birthday.

This was the week of celebration for the Wilkinson family - Dad's birthday on 16th, aunt Mollies on the 18th & Mollie & Jack's wedding anniversary on 17th, I believe.
Marie was given an "official birthday" on the remaining day to make up for having a birthday a week after Christmas (giving rise to regal airs & graces).
Dad would be 100, Mollie 107!
Good job they're not still with us really.
Thomas shares Dad's birthday & was two on Tuesday, the twins one on Wednesday.
The next birthday is P on 11th July.

Anyway, I'm blogging on a new laptop - a Packard Bell, bought by G yesterday.
The two reasons for not blogging this week were :
* On Monday I played tennis then went on to Bicester to have an afternoon with KP.
I did a "sleepover" & was Granny-helper at T's school on Tuesday morning, to help with "Art week"
I helped to make parrots' bodies - no guts, just empty tubes or bottles, so scientific knowledge not needed!
* I arrived home on Tuesday tea-time, by which time my laptop was no longer working.
G "did a Dyson" on it yesterday. Just guess how many screws there are!
This one is great - up & ready to use like a flash - the old one took about an hour to warm up.

Yesterday I played tennis, which I really enjoy. I did fall over my feet & land flat on my face, bumping my nose very hard on the court. Fortunately the courts are carpet, so apart from a nose-bleed & carpet burns on my knees, I was fine, & played on, better than before - a wake-up!

We went to Solihull after lunch, to shop.
G bought this & batteries & bits; I pootled around the shops, was reprimanded for wasting time, & then did the food shopping.
I've caught up on jobs today, planning to go to the gym after lunch then on to the dentist to have a cap fitted. G is working then visiting the chiro & the gym.
The weather is lovely, with a hot weekend forecast.

Watch ITV 1 at 9.00pm tonight!

No comments: