Monday 8 June 2009

End of the monsoon.

What a wet weekend!
On Friday evening the entire yard was under water, it rained & rained. This continued for all of Saturday, so we stayed in, watching the Grand Prix, counting the Christian Aid money (£265, mainly in bronze), & dossing.
I must have done more than that, but I can't think of anything.
On Sunday, I went to church, in the rain, then went to Coleshill for a paper & vegetables.
We sorted through old photos & I even framed some to add to the gallery.
I need a family photo of W & MK.
By tea-time the rain had stopped & we went for a walk around the reservoir before dinner. G managed it , with some amount of pain.
We heard the early election results before we went to bed, so probably slept more soundly than G Brown.

This morning G was up at the crack of dawn to go to The George Eliot for a starvation blood test.
He had hoped that arriving by 7.00am would put him at the front of the queue. It didn't.
It did put him 31st!
I intended to vacuum whilst he was out, but chatted to aj on the phone & didn't get far.
I've had an indulgent day - tennis, shopping & the gym. I feel 10 years younger.
I even bought a dress pattern - the first for about 30 years.
I was surprised to see little difference in the pattern books since then, despite the price having risen from 3/6 (17p for the youngsters) to £5.60.
How's that for inflation?
I bought strawberries in M&S (reduced to £1) They were enormous!
The queen of strawberries, in a class of their own.

The labour party has had a meeting & GB has promised to change.
A lobotomy & plastic surgery may just not be enough!

5 comments:

William said...

They weren't just strawberries, they were Marks and Spencer Strawberries!

Anonymous said...

The sewing machine is very nearly all yours again. Ben said I have done nothing but sigh and be grumpy about my sewing project, but I have really enjoyed it and the headboard is almost finished!
Elaine

Anonymous said...

I would have offered help but I'm unsure of my competence - no change there then.
I have bought a dress pattern!
T & KP could help me to cut it out!
g

Anonymous said...

why?

Anonymous said...

They would enjoy it.
m