Sunday 11 January 2009

Readers.

The theme for the weekend.
Friday was "Thomas Day". G came with me to do some jobs whilst T & I amused each other.
Afterwards we went to the pictures in Solihull to see "The Reader".
It is an excellent film - the best that I have seen for a long time. Characterisation, acting, directing, all brilliant. Do see it if you have the opportunity.
We had a nice meal at Wagamamas before the film, using a "bogof main course voucher", so a good evening all round.

Yesterday we went to Birmingham.
G dropped me near to the cathedral for the Readers' service - celebrating 40 years of reader ministry, men& women.
There were about a hundred of us, robed. It was an enjoyable service with some nice folk to chat to.
Afterwards I had a quick look at M&S & Rackhams, then met G. We went to the Bullring shopping centre & the fish market - mackerel for dinner.
On the whole, Birmingham was pretty unpleasant - dirty, busy & full of shops selling lots of things that we didn't want.
I remembered why I shop in Solihull.

Today I went to church then caught up with the ironing & helped G to clear up another ten billion leaves.
It has been less cold, but windy today.

Tomorrow I'm going to Bicester to be a "Granny Reader" at T's school.

Have you noticed the theme here?

5 comments:

William said...

fish??

Anonymous said...

Does the title give it away ? Is this just a fishy tale, or a red he(a)rring ?

Anonymous said...

Readers, of course - film, cathedral celebration, T's school.
I don't understand "fish".
G filleted & fried the last mackerel for my breakfast on Sunday.

It was scrummy.
m

Anonymous said...

Is scrummy derived from scrumptious and therefore stylish and delicious or from a scrummage, a regular struggle between you and G grappling in a compact mass with the food on the ground in the middle ?

Anonymous said...

Both!
g