Saturday 3 January 2009

Happy birthday Marie.

A taste of the last week or so:
Joanna Lumley rading during the carol service at Shustoke!

JR, pleased to see us.


Apparently, I nodded off after an unaccustomed glass of "Blue Nun" on Christmas eve - not like me!

A cold new year's day - a fire in the dining room called for.

A walk around the village on Boxing day.

Peter - woolly jumpers needed this year, so far.

The field - note, no leaves - my wrist has almost healed from the chaffing of the mighty plastic hands.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
It is older sister, Marie's, 62nd birthday today.
Happy birthday.
Happy new year to J, who has phoned me every day this year so far to wish me a happy new year, & then listen, before an eventual "good-bye".

Yesterday G & P had a blokes day out, including a pub lunch, whilst I cleaned after Thursday's party & prepared Sunday's sermon.
I phoned aj, who had been vegging out since Christmas & persuaded her to get out of the armchair & into the car, since the cold was likely to continue for some days yet & we should like to see her.
aj gave G a mammoth marquetry set - plenty of cutting & sticking there, & me a Georg Jensen beautiful silver scarab charm for my bracelet - very topical, following the Egypt holiday.
Thanks aj, indeed, thank you for all of our lovely presents this Christmas.

My February magazines arrived yesterday - Good housekeeping (my treat) & Good Food (b,day pressie from B&E), which aj has already browsed.

Apparently, the best way to keep new year resolutions is to make them realistic & then tell people. Of course, I'm so damn near perfect that it is difficult to find any changes to make (only joking), so here goes:
* Only drink at weekends.
* exercise three times a week, even if it's only a walk around the block one day.
* contact someone different every week - letter or mail. I always enjoy a letter (very rare now) or phone call, but rarely do this in case people are too busy/ can't be bothered with me, etc.
* remove my make-up every night.

I know that these are very ordinary - everyone says diet/exercise.
What have you resolved to change?

Anyway Granny (as T said to me the other day, implying that he wished to move on), today I shall go shopping for food, taking aj & P, if he can cope We may just drop into the M&S sale, briefly.
We may go to see "Australia" as we stayed in last night to watch "Death on the Nile", mainly so that we could "temple spot", following the Egypt holiday.

The decorations stay up until Tuesday!

3 comments:

William said...

I think veging with 2 gs would be something else alogether.
Take care in those sales, they can be dangerous.

Anonymous said...

It's not rude is it?
I decided that one g would be "hard" as in v-ging.
Breakfast (porridge) calls.
m

Anonymous said...

'Veggie' as in a vegetarian in common usage has two gs. Why the pedancy now?

My idea of a 'blokes day out' is certainly not what took place! If that really was a blokes day out the future is truly bleak!!

It may well be Maries birthday but I sincerely hope she doesn't read this blog. She has not been part of our lives for the last 15 years or so and long may it remain so. When she did communicate it was nothing but trouble and strife.
G