Saturday 1 November 2008

Freezing.







No blog since Tuesday as I've fallen asleep every time I've had time to sit down.
On Wednesday we went to Drayton Manor Park with A, J & T.
Thomas Land is brilliant: Harold the Helicopter & Jeremy the plane, rides.
Terence the traction engines to ride on - T jammed the whole circuit several times as he could not relate the steering wheel movement to vehicle movement.
The Thomas trains run to the zoo, where there is a great adventure playground.
J & T tootled around, hand in hand, going on selected rides with B & A.
KP & T soaked up the atmosphere.

On Thursday, B, T, KP & I went to Solihull to buy hats & gloves.
We went to John Lewis for lunch, as a treat. I was a good half way through my brochette & salad when I noticed a rather fine slug crawling across my plate towards me.
Ben was magnificent.
When he had stopped laughing, he took my meal back & we were joined by the head chef & restaurant manager, who gave me a cup of coffee & repaid the price of the meals, with many apologies & filling in of forms.
We went home, B, T & KP set off for home, I went to the hairdressers for a cut & blow dry, had a quick tidy up at home & then drove to Heathrow to meet G.
I arrived in good time & had coffee with Steve's wife as we waited for the plane.

Yesterday we had a lazy day; G was up at 4.30am, blogging & sending e mails.
P, A, J & T came to tea - a toad in the hole worthy of W or B - to catch up with Grandad.

It is another very cold day today.
We had another lazy morning, eventually popping into B'ham to the jewellery quarter for a couple of repairs.
Home for lunch & getting in some logs, since when we have sat in front of a good fire & fallen asleep.
The Grand Prix time trials are on the TV, I have tomorrow's sermon to write.
Perhaps another cup of tea will help.
It is nearly 5.00pm, cold, dark & windy.
We were intending to go to see "Quantum of Solace", but have put it off tonight to avoid the rush.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Gill I keep uptodate with your happenings when I manage to get on your blog spot.Congratulations on your wedding anniversaey

Anonymous said...

Forgot to put my name

Anonymous said...

Hi Kath.
what are you doing now?
g