Thursday 6 November 2008

Well done USA!


I have a minimal grasp of politics but Barack Obama's convincing election victory indicates the desire for change that can move the world forward in a new direction, out of the awful mess that greed for personal wealth & power have created.
I wish that the UK had someone of equal stature who we could put our faith in - I can only think of one or two media pundits who would do.
Brown who has spent years sailing us up the creek is now gaining support for looking at ways to fashion a paddle, whilst Cameron comes over as a rather lightweight yuppie, however hard I try to think well of him.
I did like his comment to Brown yesterday as to whether he had mentioned to Obama that "Now is no time for a novice"
I suppose that Cameron does have some merit - at least he speaks well & you don't have to look away when he's on the TV.

Anyway, good news from W about little DK, foremost in my thoughts.
Fully functioning bowels are a basis for a happy life.

7023 hits & not one from me yesterday as I went to Granville, then on to the gym, came home & cooked dinner then fell asleep for a long time, so no contact with my laptop whatsoever.
This achieved when aj has been off-line for over a month, since her laptop was stolen & the library computers will not give access to blogs ("inappropriate")
I paid a high cost for my nap. I was still awake at 4.00am, having heard the milkman come just before 2.00am, G snoring intermittently & the occasional owl.
I did come up with various plans for today, one of which involved going to the matinee at Stratford, hence the early Internet connection, having swept up some of the leaves or gone to the gym - must get on, as my mother would have said, though probably not have acted on.

We are celebrating Guy Fawkes tomorrow night so I hope that we may have a couple of dry days so that the bonfire will be worthwhile.

2 comments:

William said...

Did you actually get to stratford and if so did you get past M&S to actually see anything?

Anonymous said...

Well, no.
This was because there were no seats available.(Love's labour's lost)
I shall book a seat for a chosen performance in the new year.
Gordon Scott has some really cute little boots in the window - Timberland, Rhino, etc, etc.
Have just travelled across India in the last hour plus, curtesy of the windscreen video camera.
I did shop well, go to the gym & cook a rather good dinner.
Off to bed, despite it being Question Time on mow.
m