Thursday 13 March 2008

Science week, day 4.

Another great day at Kingsbury.
I spent the day in the hall supporting the team from the county, encouraging half of year 9 to build wind-turbines, test them in a wind-tunnel, build a pylon from paper tubes, to support a cable, then give a team presentation.
From looks of bewilderment at the start of the day, the kids worked together & did well.
I did get a rather painful paper cut on my finger whilst helping to make paper tubes. It still hurts, but I am being brave.
Tomorrow, a repeat with the other half of the year group.

After school I shopped a little & then went to the hairdressers.

G is going to be late tonight so I hope that we will have a takeaway (the usual) as I have done stirling work in the kitchen this week so far.

Can you match the images to my day?








All images are only approximate.

Terry Pratchet has alphzeimers disease & has donated £500,000 pounds to research.

His only symptom was that he couldn't find letters on his keyboard.

I have a problem with j, f & k, mainly.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hope you are not going to the retirement do wearing froggy socks,even if you are having curry,cooked using electricity from a local pylon by a young blonde chef with an elfin haircut.

William said...

Try not to repeat the paper cut...

Anonymous said...

Now what have I logged on here for?

Glad to hear that you are still enjoying retirement!

You left your gloves here the other day when you were on chicken pox duty!

The interesting parts of my USA trip are now blogged!

Anonymous said...

and apparently with i and e.
Sterling work. |stirling is a town in Ecosse!

Anonymous said...

Well done, anon 1.
I thought that you would all be simplistic enough to imagine that the socks were for J, the biryani was the takeaway & I now had an elfin appearance.
Fat chance!
I now only touch paper if wearing protective clothing
Gloves left on the pram hood. It was there or fallen off my lap when I got out of the car.
I did try "Stirling" with either i or e & couldn't decide.
Not enough tartan blood, I guess!
g

Anonymous said...

More luncheon meat!
How do they find me?
g