Wednesday 26 March 2008

Home James & don't spare the horses!

We arrived home yesterday after spending the morning in Copenhagen, where we had coffee & a final danish pastry in Illums then walked to Christianhavn & back in the snow before returning to the airport to fly home.

Today, I saw G off to work after breakfast, spoke to Jen on the phone, did boring paperwork, some errands in Coleshill & then spent two hours in the gym, followed by food shopping in Solihull.
Today I changed my shopping tactics, parking & shopping at Morrisons, where parking is free for 2 1/2 hours, if you spend £20 & prices are relatively cheap.
I always find it aggravating that I have to pay £1.90 to park for two hours in the M&S car park, however much I spend.
After two hours the price rises exponentially.
I did write to M&S to explain, but I stil have to pay!
I drove home in torrential rain, cooked a very healthy meal & then dashed off to a Church Council meeting at the Rectory.
Home for dessert & coffee.

I have tried three times to post some photos but, apparently I am not connected to the internet, so I will try again tomorrow.
Welcome to Kath Wall, my dear "old" friend from St John's College, York.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Kath I remember you too from across the pond!
I was thinking about 53 Hull Road and you and Thelma and
the other girls - a Quaker and a short one with relatves in Lowsenford.
I am standing in a shop in New York writing this. Did you ever marry Ray?
wrm

Anonymous said...

just remembered!
Jill Waller!
wrm

Anonymous said...

53 Hull road - Thelma, Jen, Jen & Gill Waller (nuts).
Frozen water in the bath, shopping at Hillards & cooking meals together.
g