Sunday 16 March 2008

Palm Sunday

A rather cold, blustery day which improved as it progressed, to the point that we went for a walk at tea-time - up to the church & back down Moat House lane.
G took his camera to polish his skills.
I got up at 7.00am to finish my sermon ready for 11.00am Mattins at Nether Whitacre.
We have really done little apart from reading the paper & having soup for lunch.
William phoned for a syrup sponge recipe this morning - no doubt this turned out as light as a feather, far better than my well practiced efforts.
A replay of the yorkshire pudding saga (a word I try to avoid nowadays, in deference to G!)
We may go out for a steak as we haven't eaten much & I haven't prepared anything.


Old fashioned double daffodils. These are growing on the verge.


Moley at it again - I shifted five barrow loads of soil from molehills yesterday. Did one little mole really shift all of that with his bare hands?


I do guided tours....


Moat House lane - I told you that it was wet.


This was also on the verge - one for aj.

Sunset across the field - it looked much redder in real life.



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

did one of you get caught short (or shit) on the walk?

Ben

Anonymous said...

This was outside the front hedge, canine, I believe.
AJ had a nasty experience last week, with one in the drive.
Apparently, dogs in York use kleenex.
This one didn't.
m