Monday 7 January 2008

What would we do without Marks & Spencers?

A good weekend, despite the cold.

G at work on Sat so I shopped, cooked & we snuggled up in front of a big fire in the evening.

On Sunday I took an early service at Maxstoke Church - Epiphany - may the joy of Christmas last as long as the Christmas tree needles in the pile of the lounge carpet (not applicable in Denmark, of course)
As compensation for Sat, we went for a spin in the lotus, topless, having lunch in Bakewell, Derbyshire, at the "Duke of Rutland" (a hotel, not his ancestral home)
For fun, we battled with the Satnav, arriving home after dark.

Monday was fun. Sutton Coldfield to check out a viyella suit in Beatties (no sale!). Then on to Solihull & then the gym.
Great end of sale bargains in M&S.
G disappointed as dinner wasn't ready when he arrived home at the unbelievably early hour of 7.oopm. We made pear & parsnip soup - wonderful.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Before your minds go into overdrive I can assure you that despite the haeter being on it was the Lotus and not the passenger that was topless!

Anonymous said...

What do you need a suit for anyway?
you don't have any job interviews planned do you?

Anonymous said...

Better than the "pears" in the previous post. It reminded me of my fist swim in the US when I emigrated here. I had never seen men so fat that you could not actually see that they were men.
Same with those women except for the bras
WRM

Anonymous said...

An evening suit!
Dinner to go to - don't want to let the side down.(excuses!)
I didn't buy it anyway.
Viyella may be a little too old for me.....yet!
Granville on Tuesday - paid for sale day - doesn't really warrant a suit - dungarees & a stun gun more apt!
m

Anonymous said...

I bet those "pears" are from US!
If you read the blog, why don't you comment?
I feel totally inadequate when not comment worthy.
Off to the gym on a high - 3 comments(+ mine = 4)
g2
5 now!

Anonymous said...

2g not g2,altogether too much of a good thing.

Anonymous said...

you can't have too much of a good thing!
g3