Wednesday 30 January 2008

A full set of choppers.

An action packed day.

I ironed 13 of the 16 shirts in the laundry along with things requiring no skill, had a quick shower & drove to the dentist in Solihull to admit to my two broken teeth.

An upper premolar with a bit missing since Christmas & a back lower molar, 1/3 filling, 1/3 missing, since Saturday.

I had my mouth open & full of gear for nearly an hour; the top tooth was mended whilst the anaesthetic numbed the other half of my mouth. The molar was then rebuilt - a new white tooth.

None of this was painful, although it did take quite a while for the feeling to return. During this time I drove to Solihull & had a skinny decaf cappuccino & matching cake in Cafe Revive.

I was worth it!

Ben had a descale & polish only; he sounds as though he has had major surgery.

Go for a regular check up & avoid the misery/ brush your gums as well as your teeth.



I did a little light shopping, went to the gym & then home in time to go out for a meal at The Plough in Mancetter with past colleagues - plaice & a very few chips - having left G a tray laid up & an M & S ready meal.



I am looking for a post as a parliamentary researcher - well paid, short hours & you can work from home, apparently.

If only G had gone into politics you could all have been researchers & topped up you salaries.

Back at Kingsbury tomorrow - that wont even pay the dentist's bill, unfortunately.

I begin to sound like an expat in Denmark!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Volunteers to work for George- hands up please......

Anonymous said...

Could it be distance working ?

William said...

decaff skinny coffee cake?
I am planning world domination, who wants to work for me?

Anonymous said...

I am brilliant to work under - so I'm told! Wot? no volunteers! G

Anonymous said...

I work bloody hard under G; I just make it look easy!
I will work for anyone aiming for world domination who can outwit Tesco - I do have a little time on my hands on Tuesdays - is this a good day for world domination?
I'm not sure that the coffee cake was "skinny", but it's a nice thought.
m