Thursday 31 January 2008

Another day at the chalkface.

Are these mine?
Is this Lady Dracula?


School, before the building on the playground, centre front.


G, beware!



Jessie, to raise a smile!

Tim, looking cool.

Ben, looking severe, but matching stripes.



My last day at Kingsbury, unfortunately, as it has been fun.
The kids have been great & I've taught some very good lessons.
I came home (after a natter), to do some housework. I made the mistake of having a cup of tea & a scone, on the settee, & woke up at 6.00pm, in time for the news & to prepare a cottage pie for dinner. A fitting end to an excellent joint of danish pork which started it's culinary life as Sunday lunch, cold with jacket potatoes on Monday & sandwiches for G all week.
Peppers are poison to G, as close family may be aware. He suspects that the canteen at work smuggles peppers into his lunch on a regular basis, causing digestive irregularities. It may well be that I am the greatest victim in this sad tale.
G will have to have cheese tomorrow. I'll make the decision as tomorrow is Friday; apparel for "business casual" will be enough of a challenge for ane morning.

I didn't shop today but seem to have no withdrawl symptoms as yet.

A fantastic programme on BBC4 about India, by Michael Wood, tonight. Catch it if you can.
Ed Balls (education) is on the news, defending proposed closure of small rural primary schools.
He has a defective "r"!
Perhaps I could be a minister when the Tories get back in. I'll write a letter of introduction when I have a minute. Any ideas of what I should include?

Beckham has been dropped from the England squad. Ridiculous!
Would any other country not include such an icon?

Thomas tomorrow.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ben looks more like William than in any other photo I have seen!
I have a collection of peppers to make a Jamie Oliver goulash tomorrow! How did you make the little dumplings in the nice goulash you used to make?
WRM

William said...

Sorry to hear about the pepper poisoning.
I think we need pictures of the business casual. I am reminded of the Conservative party conference photo when they were told to wear business casual and obviously had no idea so wore exactly the same grey suits, plain shirts and took off the ties!

Anonymous said...

It's only a frirndly with Switzerland, how could they not have a football match with Becks? That Italian manager deserves a horse's head in his bed. Am preparing to hibernate for the weekend. ajen

Anonymous said...

Ben's serious, reading face may make him look like big bro - no doubt he's studing an article about boilers.
Ordinary dumplings - half suet to flour + a little salt, water to mix to soft dropping consistency.
You can buy low fat vegetable suet (atora) now, which makes nice light dumplings.

Business casual - louder shirt, slacks & a sports jacket/blazer.
G does not favour the"beach wear" look, sported by junior colleagues.

Thanks for your support aj.
Do we play "frirndlies" with any other nations? - I know little about the language of football.
nyone have a horses head?