Monday 28 January 2008

A day in Bicester.

A few photos from the New Year selection:


Seeing 2008 in in style.


A change from the sink.


He doesn't watch Jamie Oliver for nothing.


Ben, checking how to turn on the oven, to help G.


Senior & junior - both well known for dressing before breakfast!

I forgot to take photos today......again.


We walked in Derby shire on Saturday, with Judith & Peter, lunching at the "Hardwick Arms"after celebrating J's birthday with bubbly, transported secretly by G, along with glasses, at the highest point of the walk.
The weather was kind, although it was muddy underfoot. We should do such things more often.
G went cycling on Sunday whilst I was in church.
P, Jessie & Thomas came for lunch, which added to the fun. Grandad played enthusiastically, before nodding off.
We both spent most of the evening asleep on the settee, for a change.
I went to Tim & KP's gym with E this morning.
Tim was particularly interested in the cabinet containing the stereo equipment, the CD collection, the fridge & suspension mechanisms for the apparatus. Otherwise, he climbed, swung from the bar & walked along a beam, amongst other things.
KP rolled & crawled with enthusiasm.
We visited the library & Bicester village after lunch & then caught up on our "Captain Pugwash" viewing before dinner.
KP eats with gusto, wielding a spoon like a professional. Protective clothing is necessary for all in the vicinity!
Home by 9.15pm.
School tomorrow.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Gill told me Ben and William used to watch Captain Pugwash in black and white. I thought I had married a younger man. I definitely used to watch it in colour. After yesterday watching every single episode ever made (at Tim's insistance), I wonder why we ever watched it at all.

Elaine

Anonymous said...

The cabin boy was Tom. G always said that he was Roger.
I am pleased about this.
The Mate is called Master Bates.
I fell asleep after the first ten or so episodes. I don't think that Tim noticed as I maintained the cuddle throughout.
I may have been mistaken about the black & white screen - perhaps that was when Jen & I watched it back in the 1950's (late)
m

Anonymous said...

Perhaps you were just viewing through rose tinted spectacles!.
Roger the cabin boy and Master Bates was the original urban myth!!
Goes to show you really can fool some of the people some of the time.

Anonymous said...

Where did you put my fuse boxes from over the kitchen window? Did you rewire everything?
See littlewilliamsworld for my comment on dentists - I am going Wednesday too!
WRM

Anonymous said...

You were still watching captain pugwash at the age of 21?