Thursday 24 January 2008

Home again

I returned from Horseheath last night after a pretty good 2 hour journey.
JR & I went out to lunch on Tuesday & then had a tour around the very pretty villages locally. Home for tea, a snooze & bed.
On Wed JR test drove a Kia Sedona 2.9L, & bought it. This was a good decision, I think, as the garage have difficulty getting the parts for his Frontera, although it is only 7/8 years old.
Peter drove over from Mistley & joined us for lunch, which was most enjoyable & a challenge to the kitchen with the various dietary restraints.
JR eats at a different local hostelry each day. They all look after him very well, with little concern as to whats on the menu.
We sorted out the new car insurance, had tea & a snooze & then I drove home.
Today I vacuumed up the Christmas tree needles, amongst other things.
Is this a record?
After a serious workout with the dyson until 2.00pm, I took 2 big bags to the charity shop, went to M & S for food & spent 2 hours at the gym.
The good news is that both G & I have lost weight (mass really) following loss of appetite after the weekend "yuk". I am down by 6lb, G by 3/4 lb (he never gives a straight answer).
I am at Paula's tomorrow, doing a workout with Thomas, then home to cook the haggis.
On Saturday we are walking in Derby shire & visiting Hatton Hall with J & P Talbot, to celebrate J's birthday. At last a chance to use the rucksack fitted with bottle holder & wine glasses, that seemed a good idea pressie for G at the time.
I am visiting E, Tim & KP on Mon. I must remember to find "Life of pi" & take to E.
William left his copy here ages ago.
I am working at Kingsbury school on Tues, Wed & Thurs next week, which I hope will be easy, fun, & money for............
Life is going very well

2 comments:

William said...

who was the other bag you took to the charity shop?

Anonymous said...

G merely asked what was in them, for fear that it may be some of his less flattering clothing.
As if......