Wednesday 21 November 2007

Break again today



How about this one for G's rally publicity shot?

I was just planning my day this morning when Granville School phoned & asked if I could go in to cover for an ill english teacher.
This saved me planning further & with a burst of speed I was there by 8.50am
I sat with 4 isolated pupils & then "taught" 3 difficult classes & one OK one.
This daily supply lark is not easy!
Covering for an extended absence is much better as you have an identity & a programme of work to follow.
I visited Kingsbury on the way home to see AR to discuss "The Noble Peace Prize", to be awarded on Awards Evening, next week was given a very warm welcome & caught up on the gossip. Jamie came home with me to discuss "Citizenship"- a poisoned chalice!
I have had a call telling me that I have won yet another holiday! A second call reminded me to make the phone number to claim this prize!
TV is rubbish so I shall plan Thursday, which will involve not answering the phone before 8.00am.
J & G are coming for the weekend after next,. We shall be celebrating Oscar's 1st birthday -keep the Sat. free.
Chocolate cake guaranteed!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

You don¨'t have to do it if you can't be arsed you know!
W Jnr

Anonymous said...

How did they get on with the cooking class (pasta and tomato sauce?). The plumber is here (1 o'clock (CET)) so hopefully I can have a shower soon. I ahve got J home for the day, unfortunately he didn't sleep very well last night so he was a bit hard work this morning. He is alseep outside now and Mormor and Morfar are coming for dinner to see the new kitchen so there will be entertaining for the evening.
MK

Anonymous said...

I am afraid to tell you that we are already booked up for a party on that day and so won't be able to come for some of your cake. Mr.T has been off sick today as well.

Anonymous said...

I was happy to do a day's work, but was surprised at how badly behaved the kids were - only day 3 though, so I will get there.
How about a few drops of brandy in J's bedtime milk? You can carry him to bed.
There will still be J,G & O on Sunday, if you wish to come.
m

Anonymous said...

The cookery lesson is next week - time to prepare, mentally.
Did T or B set the dishwasher?
m

Anonymous said...

I put the dishwasher on- why do you ask?

Anonymous said...

T or B - as in K's parents - who got the shock?
m