Saturday 24 November 2007

Auf wiedersehn, pet

The entrance.


Birmingham - you are here!


Home sweet home.


Decaf to boot.


Your bonus print - Tim at T & B's for dinner on J's christening weekend in March 2006 - smoked duck salad, which he loved, "delicious chicken"


Yesterday, both G & I had a hard day at work, so lit a big fire & collected a takeaway from the Polash (the usual), leaving the chicken fillets in the oven.
We drank a bottle of wine with it & then fell asleep - no change there!
We went to Birmingham this morning, firstly to the jewellery quarter & then to the German market (the biggest outside Germany) by the town hall.
We joined in the spirit by having a bag of caramelized nuts & a hot ham roll in the freezing cold & then pottered around for long enough to remember why we don't shop in Birmingham.
We came home, lit a big fire, had a nice cup of tea & a toasted teacake & were both asleep before 6.00pm!
AJ should be proud of me - I have used my money off vouchers & entered 8 competitions this week.
I will list my successes in due course!
I have not done the ironing, yet.

3 comments:

William said...

Birmingham is bad
Christmas markets are awful, what on earth did you expect?
W Jnr

Anonymous said...

I'm surprised they've got any germans left in germany to have a market in Berlin. Is this an underground invasion tactic, moles everywhere ? jen

Anonymous said...

The Christmas market was ok, Pallisades was awful & we had difficulty finding the sewer outlet to get back down to the car park.
It felt as though we had landed on an alien planet - I don't think that this was entirely age-related.
m