Sunday 3 May 2015

Automobilia Queen.

Due to my astute purchase of some Haynes' car manuals at The Sobell House Warehouse in Bicester and subsequent offering of them on e bay.
I'm not convinced that I deserve the title as I've not sold any .......yet!
I have sold various other commodities picked up over the years and have enjoyed the challenge.
You can follow me on my account if you want to see what quirky (favourite Bargain Hunt word) goods I have sourced/inherited/ been given over the years - given to sell for Church on the bric a brac stall, not personal presents.....yet! (beavon09))

Church this morning - inspiring sermon by our visiting retired priest, Jeremy, then on to take the service at NW, slightly less inspiring sermon, so K tells me.
Home for scrambled egg and a lazy afternoon and preparation for tomorrow, serving ploughmans' lunches at Sh church to sustain the hoards of walkers who will be "beating the bounds", walking around the parishes, in the sunshine, visiting the local churches and hostelries.
A traditional May Day Bank Holiday activity here - walkers welcome, start at LM at 9.30am with a bacon roll, finish at NW at 4.00pm for tea and a short informal service (me again!)

Home from Bicester on Friday, via Warwick for a cup of coffee and a potter.
A lazy day yesterday, or I've forgotten the exciting bits, which seems unlikely.
The most exciting bit was the new princess, who looked beautiful.
How did Kate look so great  ten hours later as she prepared to walk back to Kensington Palace?
Apparently, the "feel good" factor should aid The incumbent government.
Nothing in comparison with a quick look at the opposition and five minutes listening to either of the two Eds, I would have thought.
How many trees have been massacred in order to produce all of the electioneering material which, in the main, goes straight into the recycling bin?

Can anyone identify this gorgeous little pot, with frog, that I bought in Bicester?
Damaged, but irresistible.
Maker, J.B

No comments: