Monday 11 May 2015

Just when you thought things couldn't get any better........

Andy Murray beats Nadal, on clay in Madrid.
What a week!
All prayers answered and then the family all came for a champagne tea.
Brilliant!
I'd made carrot cake, Malteser cake and rock cakes on Saturday afternoon, then came back from church, having taken the services at Sh and OW, and make batches of sweet and cheese scones
K washed the vehicles, charged the jeep and mowed all of the lawns before coming in to open the Proseco.
I, T, KP and Th all had a great time in the garden, T particularly keen to drive the jeep as he has a "driving lesson" next week for his eleventh birthday. (It's in a Skoda, so perhaps won't be that different!)a organised a football match and they all worked up healthy appetites and J and T forgot all about today's SATS (comprehension)

There was a wooden duck in my bed when I came to bed later!

A day in Solihull today with Jan as my car was out of action/ wouldn't start for the third day.
We pottered around the shops and had two rounds of coffee in Pret before Jan dropped me at P and A's, to collect J and Th from school.
K picked me up later to go to The Griffin for the monthly quiz, in aid of the church.
Our team came third, 71 points, winners scoring 74.
Not bad really.

The mechanic came to a look at the car while I was out.
It started!!!
The key battery is flat so will start the car when used in the keyhole, but not from your handbag!!!
That's why it started every time in the garage last Wed, but never for me.
Brill!
Car's fine and no big bill, just embarrassment.

1 comment:

William said...

You made my day with the car key story. Thanks for that :)