Wednesday 13 May 2015

Chick Lit!

A very welcome site when I got in from a meeting at about 9.00pm.
I went shut the chickens in, one in and one at the top of the field - danger zone for resident Mr Fox looking for dinner!
I spent some time searching the garden and field, with no success.
Last resort was that she was shut in the laundry as the door had been open all afternoon whilst I was gardening.
If so, she would be roosting, asleep, so would not disturb.
I could also remain optimistic overnight as the chance was slim really.
Whilst making coffee I heard noises from somewhere in the house, last place to look was the dining room, where chick/Edna was on the sideboard, having knocked a few things over but broken nothing.
She had obviously spent  much of the time on the table, having been in there for a good few hours.
She lives to lay another day.
Memo: keep the back door shut.
(All cleaned up and disinfected now)

Today's  eggs - Freda and Edna both laid for the first time, fortunately, not the last.
Thank goodness I found her before going to bed - noises from downstairs may have had a detrimental effect on my nerves!

No comments: