Saturday 24 November 2012

Wet, wet, wet.

Aj & I had a fun day in York on Wednesday - we visited J & aj's new grandchild, Lily, both  gorgeous, & then to town to shop - mainly at M& S to be honest, they had everything we needed, well, almost - clothes, food & a coffee shop.
I drove home at 7.00pm, all well until near home, when the floods caused me a slight problem, as did G, who had left the key in the door, so I couldn't get in!






We went to see J & G on Thursday,via Airkix at Milton Keynes for G to do his indor skydiving (see pic) having lunch en route, I went on to collect T & KP from school, to shop in Tesco - self scan - KP holds, T scans - then on to swimming lessons, collecting Ben on the way.
We collected G on the way home & had a lovely evening with B & E.
We stayed over, both wearing B's pyjamas!

The journey home involved over two hours stuck on the M40 due to an overturned car transporter. 4ours from bicester to Tamworth!!
I had my hair done, then we scrubbed up & went to DMP to the conservative dinner, which was scrummy - soup, roast pork & fruit salad.
The speakers were Christine & Colin Still - BBC commentator & Olympic coach.

We cleaned the church this morning to prepare for preparing for the Mid Advent Festival in ten days time.
It has since rained - yard flooded, I've written tomorrow's sermon, ironed, cleaned the cooker & changed the bed - leave a bloke at home on his own for a couple of days........

Dinner by the fire 7 an early night, I think.  

3 comments:

William said...

crikey it's hard work reading this stuff.

Anonymous said...

Are you turning Danish?
m

Anonymous said...

Are you turning Danish?
m