Tuesday 20 November 2012

Up North.

I am having a short break in the frozen North, visiting aj.
Yesterday I visited the new Morrisons supermarket in Coleshill - it's opening day.
It is brilliant!
Wonderful fresh food, lots of variety & helpful staff - everything the Co-op lacks!
I had decreed that I would always support the old shops, but after 2 minutes in Morrisons, I changed my mind - the Co-op does not deserve my custom.
I may feel guilty about this.

I then played a couple of sets of tennis, went home for lunch, then drove North, arriving in time to have a nice cup of tea, watching "Flog It" - by the way, did anyone see G & I on the Flog It auction from Bigwoods, last week?

I woke up by 4.30, then walked into Acomb, pottered, shopped in Morrisons, then came back a couple of hours later to get a meal on before aj came in from work.
She was critical of my pan fried haddock with sugar snaps & stewed vegetables - the "Strangest combination she had the misfortune to eat".
Well!
You try & give folk healthy food & they throw it in your face.
She only managed to get it down with 3/4 bottle of Sauvignon Blanc!

Today we went to Wetherby for a potter this morning, then we did Acomb this afternoon - much warmer today - 12 degrees, only 5 degrees yesterday - colder than CPH!

Waiting to see Last Tango in Halifax".
Looks good.
Home tomorrow evening, after seeing aj's new granddaughter, hopefully.   

3 comments:

William said...

did you get that potter?

Anonymous said...

The vegetables that accompanied the white fish were stewed in chicken stock ! that's just not right, it goes against the laws of nature, a meatless chicken veg stew with fish.

Anonymous said...

No imagination!
m