Wednesday 25 April 2012

Rain,rain.....

Raining hard & the yard already partly flooded, so there's no tennis today.
Shame.
The good thing is that we spent yesterday in the garden - G in noisy mode, sawing logs  then mowing the lawns. I didn't start until midday as I had domestic duties to attend to, but then worked like a diligent little mouse, weeding most of the borders, shifting three barrow loads of weeds.
I stopped, worn out, at 5.30pm, collapsed in front of the TV & watched "Put your money where your mouth is" (recorded), with a glass of ginger ale (diet)
A pretty good day, really - a lot done, plenty of exercise, all achieved without leaving home or spending a bob.
We watched "Meet the Romans" presented by Mary Beard.. It has great potential if only it didn't have the same fault as nearly every other travel/history programme at the moment - 50% of the programme showing the presenter, rather than what you want to see.
Mary Beard has the added disadvantage of looking like a bag lady, with long, wild, grey hair, horse teeth & looking way beyond her 57 years - not a pretty site!
Show us Rome, not MB!

Going to Solihull College at 1.00pm to meet a small group of students I am to work with to improve their science - only three weeks available, so I'm not sure how much I can achieve.
United church fund raising meeting here this evening - more fun than it sounds!  

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Saw the trailer,... a horse box. A.A Gill was called a misogynist when he aired views similar to yours.

Anonymous said...

No, not a misogynist as I find it just as aggravating when it's male, however goodlooking.
I want to see the scenery, not the commentator!
Claire Baldwin on a bike - great!
g

Anonymous said...

No, not a misogynist as I find it just as aggravating when it's male, however goodlooking.
I want to see the scenery, not the commentator!
Claire Baldwin on a bike - great!
g

William said...

I'm not repetitive, I just like saying things more than once.

Anonymous said...

Hear, hear

Anonymous said...

I hope that you don't tremble when you're older!
Anyway, it makes me think that I have a lot of interested readers/commenters.
m